As an Amazon affiliate, we earn a commision from qualifying purchases.
If your Frigidaire gallery dishwasher is giving you nothing but problems, you will find this in-depth Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting guide quite helpful.
We cannot promise that the solutions listed here will work for you but they often sort out most Frigidaire gallery dishwasher problems.
To be clear, the guide will show you how to fix known Frigidaire gallery dishwasher issues such as Frigidaire gallery dishwasher buttons not working, Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not cleaning, not turning on, and more.
We even have a full section describing how to resolve common Frigidaire gallery dishwasher trouble codes.
Let’s get started:
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting – causes of various Frigidaire gallery dishwasher common problems and a list of fixes you should try
Try the fixes outlined below (we have covered most of the frequent troubles):
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not filling with water / Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting no water fault
- Water supply is turned off.
- Water inlet valve has malfunctioned.
- The fill valve screen is obstructed.
- The float switch is not operational.
- The float is stuck in the “UP” position
- Electronic control board may be having an issue.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher no water is filling – suggested solutions (in the order followed above)
- Turn the water supply on.
- Replace the water-inlet fill valve.
- Disassemble and clean out the screen- it may just be dirty/debris-filled.
- Repair or replace the float switch (check its Amazon price).
- Clean the float- it may be stuck because of dirt.
- Check or replace the control board.
And is your Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not spraying with water? If so, check these additional steps:
- Inspect if the spray jet/arm is blocked and remove blockages from the nozzle (use a toothpick or a similar accessory).
- Check if it has been overloaded with dishes and empty the extra load.
- Check if the water pump is blocked – here the pump filter may need rigorous cleaning.
- Check if there is enough water pressure (you can have a plumber help out).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not turning on / Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not working at all (Frigidaire gallery dishwasher no power issue)
Possible reasons and fixes to try if your Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t start (and you’ll naturally have confirmed that it is plugged in correctly and that the outlet is working):
- Fuse is blown or tripped– Replace the fuse or reset the breaker if your Frigidaire gallery dishwasher stopped working.
- The 120 VAC supply wire connection is faulty– Repair or replace the 120VAC wire fasteners at the dishwasher junction box.
- The motor is inoperative (check resistances)- Replace the motor/impeller assembly.
- Electronic control board is dead– Replace the control board if your Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t run at all, no matter what you try.
- The transformer could be fried- Replace
Still on the issue of Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not starting, you may want to check for the following if no indicator lights illuminate when START is pressed:
- Check if the door switch has an issue (open contacts)- it may be time to replace the door switch
- Check if the door latch is really making proper contact with the door switch – replace the latch assembly.
- Check for a defective touchpad circuit (pads/buttons not functioning)– replace the whole pad but you should first check if ribbon cable is corroded since it can make the button to be non-responsive (clean out the corrosion).
Just to mention, there are other reasons why a Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t work but the issues above are the most prevalent.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting won’t start (Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting no power)
Here now is a step-by-step flowchart on how to go about troubleshooting the problem of Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not powering on.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher start button not working
For this problem, try the following:
- Remove the machine’s touchpad ribbon (from the board).
- Clean out the ribbon tail connectors (rust may be the issue).
- Reinstall the ribbon.
If the button will not work yet, replace the entire touchpad.
If the button still will not work, change out the whole control board.
Quick Tip: The above are the most helpful solutions for the problem of Frigidaire gallery dishwasher buttons not working (at all) too.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher detergent cover won’t latch
Here you typically need to check for these things:
- Obstructions of the lid (Something is interfering with the soap cover -ex. a detergent pod)- check and correct this.
- Detergent buildup -also wipe off any detergent buildup in the latch grooves, spring(s), and the detergent cover itself using a damp cloth (hot).
- Things lodged in the cover latch mechanism– remove detergent, food soil, or whatever else is caught there.
- A broken latch – this needs replacement.
Bear in mind that the issue may be due to the dispenser cover itself warping (remember the machine uses hot water).
Inspect it and if you notice this, a new door may need to be installed.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not dissolving detergent
Possible causes and fixes:
- The dispenser was wet when you added the detergent– Dry it before filling it.
- The detergent is damp– Store the detergent properly (to keep it from getting moisture).
- The detergent cover is held closed or is being blocked by some large dishes– Re-arrange the dishes to eliminate the issue.
- Insufficient water is being released (into the tub)– Check if the spray arm holes are clogged and unclog them (they are often the cause of clogging).
- You are adding the soap too early– That way, it stands too long and may clump/stick to the compartment. Add it just before the wash cycle starts.
- Water is not hot enough to dissolve the detergent (Below 120°F) – Follow the flowchart below to fix the issue (see the section “Frigidaire gallery dishwasher no hot water” as well).
Dishes are not dry (Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not drying)
- Heat dry switch is not turned on.
- The heating element is not heating – replacement needed (check price).
- The Hi-limit Thermostat is defective- replacement needed (view price).
- The control board may not be working properly (or some wiring coming into it is broken)- check the price of a new control board.
- The vent and blower are experiencing issues- either the vent actuator is defective or the blower motor is failing. A replacement blower-vent assembly could be needed.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t dry – flowchart to help you troubleshoot the problem
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not cleaning
Possible reasons why your dishes come out looking dirty:
- Low water level-It could be due to inadequate water pressure or something else may have gone wrong (You should go to the section “Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not filling with water” for troubleshooting ideas).
- Spray arms are not alternating -Test for this.
- Low water temperature – See the flowchart under the section “Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not dissolving detergent”.
- The spray arm is blocked- Access it and try to clear obstructions.
- Bad detergent – Use a recommended detergent (and make sure you are always storing it under the right conditions)
Oh, and the cause could be the use of hard water so try to counter this (you can switch to a detergent designed for hard water such as this).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher water leaking from bottom of door
The main culprit if the appliance is leaking water from the bottom of the door is a leaky door gasket (door seal).
You should also check the door latch and door hinge- if they appear fine, replace the door seal (check its current price at Amazon).
Interestingly, the leak could be coming from other areas yet still seem to be from the door.
For example, the leak may be originating from these parts:
- Leaky water inlet valve.
- Troubled water pump.
- Damaged pump seal.
- Damaged or loose water line.
- Bad float switch.
- A stuck float.
You should, therefore, check each individually while also ensuring that the door is tightly latched and the filter free of debris (unclog it).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher leaking water on floor
Try these repairs:
- Re-attach the drain hose to the side of the tub– it may have disconnected
- Correct the drain hose height– you don’t want its high loop to be too low.
- Check venting- Ensure that the drain line (connected to the floor drain) is vented
Don’t forget to check for a leaky door gasket, cracked hoses, and defective valves/water hose connections to or in the dishwasher (perform the right repairs).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher water in bottom
A pretty common cause of the problem is food particles and other debris clogging the drain.
Suggested fix: Unclog the dishwasher’s drain (Learn How to unclog a Frigidaire gallery dishwasher completely from this article)
Quick Tip: Try the troubleshooting suggestions in the previous two sections (the failure points tend to be closely related when it comes to repairing a water leak issue on these appliances).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting soap dispenser not opening
- Check if the soap dispenser is blocked– Items placed in the racks might be blocking the lid. Reload the pieces creating the obstruction.
- Perhaps you stopped the cycle before the programmed point (it usually remains shut if interrupted)- If this is true, try to start a new cycle and have it run to the end (the dispenser may open).
- Check if the detergent is clumped – It might actually be sticking in the cup as a result and blocking the lid (from opening). Also, clean any sticky liquid dishwashing detergent residue that may be preventing the lid from fully opening.
- Fix the door spring on the soap dispenser door – If it is broken, bent, or damaged (or has lost strength), try to fix or replace it (you may have to install a complete dispenser assembly).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher soap dispenser not opening – Other potential causes of the issue and best repairs
- There is excess soap on the lid catch (the issue also causes the door not to latch)– try to clean the latch area
- The entire latch mechanism is defective– replace the dispenser assembly.
- The actuator is faulty– replace dispenser assembly.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting flashing lights
Flashing lights usually tell you an error has occurred and your attention is needed.
To fix the problem, try to reset the appliance first.
If it doesn’t work, run the diagnostic mode (it may help you narrow down on the fault).
Finally, if nothing works, try replacing the Electronic Control Board (To immediately solve the issue of flashing lights).
This could be a perfect fit for your dishwasher and is easy to install (it is typically a 10-minutes job)
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher no lights on panel (Frigidaire gallery dishwasher no display issue)
Two components have possibly failed if the display will not light up:
- The control board
- The display itself
Follow this flowchart to fix the issue:
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher no heat (Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not heating)
If your dishwasher runs but there is no heat, the causes might be:
- The Hi-limit thermostat (it could be open).
- Heating element (not functional).
- Electronic control board could be defective.
- Wiring or terminal is defective
- Replace the Hi-limit thermostat (check price).
- Replace the heater element (view price).
- Replace the electronic control board (check price)- remember the board manages the dishwasher’s important functions such as draining, washing, and drying.
- Repair or replace the wiring/terminal.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher stops mid cycle (Frigidaire gallery dishwasher stops during cycle )
- Check High Limit Thermostat and replace. Test if there is continuity first.
- Replace the electronic control board– This is particularly recommended if the dishwasher tends to randomly stop mid-cycle (and lights such as the High-Temp simultaneously start to flash).
Now try to see if the dishwasher will now complete full cycles again (and start working like new again).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t drain / Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting not draining
Below we look at what to check and how to go about resolving myriad Frigidaire gallery dishwasher drain problems..
Check for the following:
- Is the drain restricted?
- Could the drain pump be defective?
- Check for possible air lock in the drain hose.
- Is the impeller blocked?
- Are the windings open?
- Could the electronic control board be fried?
How to fix a Frigidaire gallery dishwasher that won’t drain and get rid of the issue of Frigidaire gallery dishwasher not draining
- Clear the restrictions around the drain.
- Replace the drain pump (this genuine replacement part fits most Frigidaire gallery series dishwater models).
- For the issue of the air lock, make sure the drain hose is sloped upward (to side of the tub). In addition, the hose must be securely attached to the side of tub.
- Clear the impeller blockage.
- Replace the windings (they may have ultimately burned out).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher drain pump runs continuously
Try these fixes if your Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t stop running:
Check if there is any water in the overflow tray and empty it (you can even suck it out) and see if it will work
The drain hose may be blocked so the dishwasher overflows flooding the base of the machine. Be sure to trace and correct any drain hose blockage.
Check for a dirty float switch (clean it thoroughly)
A clogged float assembly is pretty often to blame.
Plus, you may find the float to be not dirty but dislodged (out of position). Nudge it back (a screwdriver could help) and see if it resumes proper functioning.
Check if the drain pump is itself having issues
You can, for example, fill the sump (with water) and see if the drain pump will pump it without an issue. Replace if it seems to be the problem.
Quick Tip: The control board may eventually need to be replaced if your Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t stop draining (this is your last gamble once you have tested all other recommendations)
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting error codes
This section looks at how to resolve the most common Frigidaire gallery dishwasher fault codes.
Now, the solutions to different Frigidaire gallery series dishwasher error codes vary depending on the cause (some are a little more work to fix than others).
Moving on, here is what to do depending on the Frigidaire gallery dishwasher error codes you are experiencing:
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting i30 error code
Meaning and fix: Water is leaking/an overflow is occurring in the machine’s bottom drain pan. Check and try to tilt the appliance forward carefully to drain the water.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher troubleshooting error code i20
Meaning and fix: Filters are clogged or there is a drain hose blockage (check all). Also, there might be a water pressure sensor issue (clean it out and replace, if no luck).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher ER UO error code
In nearly all instances, you need to swap the vent and fan assembly to resolve the problem (ER UO simply means Vent Open – you would think it would be programmed to display VO but that is what it is).
To point you in the right direction, here is the correct replacement Vent Fan Assembly (confirm compatibility with your model first).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher reset
A simple way of resolving most of the error codes is by first resetting the unit (it is important to try this before attempting advanced stuff)
Follow this procedure to reset your Frigidaire gallery dishwasher settings:
- Press the Start-Cancelbutton down for about three(3) seconds then wait 5 minutes.
- Alternately, you can power it off momentarily via the breaker (for 5 minutes).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher touchpad not working
As mentioned earlier, your best bet if the touchpad has stopped working is to replace the whole pad.
Before that, make sure you check the touchpad cable for corrosion (clean it out).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t turn off
Turn off the breaker (or open the door) to force it to turn off.
The best way is, in truth, trying to go the breaker shutoff way since it will reset it (wait 5 minutes).
On occasion, this makes the problem go away.
- Check whether the heating element could be broken
It will be stuck in heating stage infinitely if it is faulty- use your multimeter to check the terminals.
Now, it should show anything from 0 to infinity while on X1 if the heating element is fine.
- Replace the thermostat
The thermostat helps send a signal to the appliance via the timer when it is time to move on and may be faulty, leading to the issue.
Replace the thermostat and check if the issue clears.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t cancel
- Press Start again– Open the door (in the midst of the cycle) and press Start again to try and cancel.
- Let it finish the cycle and swap the touchpad (If it didn’t cancel)- The touchpad could have failed so replace the whole thing (this is usually the best remedy when buttons stop functioning)
- Change the control board- If it won’t work even after this, you may be looking at a defective control board (replace).
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t close
Below are the possible causes and fixes if your Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t latch:
- Door is out of alignment– Try to re-align it perfectly with the door frame.
- Check the door hinges– It won’t latch shut if the hinges are loose/bent. Many times, replacing them is the best solution.
- Door latch assembly is damaged– Check it for signs of damage and replace, if you find any.
The strike plate, door springs, and the door gasket are the other parts worth checking and adjusting/re-aligning/replaced for this issue.
Frigidaire gallery dishwasher won’t stop beeping
This could indicate problems caused by a power surge.
Try to reset the appliance (via the breaker) and see if it will stabilize it.
Note that some models beep incessantly if the door is opened before the cycle completes.
If you are buying a replacement part online, make sure it fits by typing your exact model number on the space provided on the website.
Also, if you cannot find the exact part # in your Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher’s paperwork, you can search for it online by entering something like “Frigidaire Gallery model number XXXXXX” on Google.
This is likely to fetch results from dedicated parts websites such as PartsDr and will help you find the right part.
One more thing: Before trying a DIY replacement of any part, get on YouTube and watch a few videos to get a good game plan.
We hope this helps.